Seeking Project Architect to Join Our Team
Vavrek Architects is a commercial architecture firm established in 2005 based in the Chicagoland Area (20 minutes from downtown Chicago) that believes in relationships, good design, practical solutions, enriching communities and environmental stewardship.
At Vavrek Architects, we believe that a healthy work/ life balance is a core value that motivates us to be efficient, focused, and responsive to our clients and projects. We are passionate about our work and maintain an office atmosphere that is inclusive, flexible, and creative. Check out our about us page on our website to learn more.
We are currently seeking a talented, versatile individual to join our team. We will provide candidate with access to all aspects of architectural practice, including design, project management, construction documents and firm development— all in an effort to allow individuals the ability to develop their skills while building on their strengths.
Our work is varied, but overall we strive to create meaningful projects that enrich local communities. Our projects encompass nearly every size and every building type, including museums, community centers, hospitality projects, historic building renovations, and non-profit health and education centers.
Responsibilities of Project Architect:
- Project Management
- Construction Documents
- Firm Development
- Versatility across a wide range of projects
- Bachelor Architecture (preferred)
- 3-4 years minimum experience in commercial architecture
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Suite, Sketch Up
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with both the IBC and Chicago Building Codes
What We offer you:
- A competitive pay structure
- A creative, friendly work environment
- An opportunity to learn all aspects of an emerging architectural firm with trusted reputation in the industry
- Exposure to a variety of building types
- Excellent growth potential for the right candidate
- Healthy work/life balance
- PTO/ Vacation Time
If you feel that you are a good fit for this position, please email your resume, letter of interest, and sample portfolio to email@example.com